Harpal (Paul) Khanuja M.D.
|Harpal (Paul) Khanuja M.D.
“It is important that my patients are educated about their conditions and treatment options. It is the only way they can participate in the decisions about their care. There are often many different treatment options. Surgery should be the last resort.” - Dr. Khanuja
Dr Khanuja has extensive training and experience in adult disorders of the hip and knee. He is well regarded in his field and is actively involved in research and education. He has been voted by his peers as one of the Top Doctors in Baltimore Magazine, and he has also been on the list of DC-Baltimore-Northern Virginia Super Doctors which appeared in the Washington Post Magazine.
He has a strong commitment to patient care and education. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and is an active member of the Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons. He was the recipient of the Knee Society Insall traveling fellowship.
Dr. Khanuja travels to foreign countries for teaching and philanthropy. He is co-founder of Operation Walk Maryland, a non profit dedicated to brining hip and knee replacements to impoverished individuals across the world while educating local healthcare providers.
At Johns Hopkins Bayview the surgeons perform a high volume of hip and knee replacement and reconstructive surgeries.The surgeons at Johns Hopkins have a commitment to patient care, and are also dedicated to furthering orthopedics and orthopedic research. Dr. Khanuja coordinates the integration of best practices for joint replacement. His clinical focus is on improved post-operative recovery and decreased pain. He specializes in complex surgeries and joint replacement revisions. Patients come from all over the country and abroad.
- Chief, Adult Reconstruction, Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery.
- Chief, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Johns Hopkins Bayview.
- Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2003
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
B.A. , Biology 1987-1991
- Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
- Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
Orthopedic Surgery Residency 1995-2000
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
Adult Hip and Knee Reconstructive Surgery 2000-2001
|Northwest Hospital | Baltimore, Maryland
|Good Samaritan Hospital | Baltimore, Maryland
|Johns Hopkins Hospital | Baltimore, Maryland
- Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
National Society Memberships
- American Medical Association
Additional Society Memberships
- American Orthopaedic Association
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Maryland Orthopaedic Association
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Johns Hopkins Medical and Surgical Association
- MedChi: The Maryland State Medical Society
- Knee Society Insall Travelling Fellow 2006
Click here to know more about Harpal S. Khanuja M.D