Harpal Paul Khanuja M.D.
|Harpal Paul Khanuja M.D.
“It is important that my patients are educated about their conditions and treatment options. It is the only way they can participate in the decisions about their care. There are often many different treatment options. Surgery should be the last resort.” - Dr. Khanuja
Dr Khanuja has extensive training and experience in adult disorders of the hip and knee. He is well regarded in his field and is actively involved in research and education. He has been voted by his peers as one of the Top Doctors in Baltimore Magazine, and he has also been on the list of DC-Baltimore-Northern Virginia Super Doctors which appeared in the Washington Post Magazine.
He has a strong commitment to patient care and education. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and is an active member of the Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons. He was the recipient of the Knee Society Insall traveling fellowship.
Dr. Khanuja travels to foreign countries for teaching and philanthropy. He is co-founder of Operation Walk Maryland, a non profit dedicated to brining hip and knee replacements to impoverished individuals across the world while educating local healthcare providers.
At the Rubin Institute of Advanced Orthopedics the surgeons perform a high volume of hip and knee replacement and reconstructive surgeries. The Rubin is a referral center for complicated and revision procedures. Patients come from all over the country and abroad.
The surgeons at The Rubin Institute have a commitment to patient care, and are also dedicated to furthering orthopedics and orthopaedic research. There is an active research department fellowship programs.
- Director Hip and Knee Replacement, The Rubin Institute for Advanced Orthopedics, Sinai Hospital Baltimore.
- Chief of Orthopedic Surgery of Northwest Hospital.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2003
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
B.A. , Biology 1987-1991
- Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
- Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
Orthopedic Surgery Residency 1995-2000
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
Adult Hip and Knee Reconstructive Surgery 2000-2001
|Northwest Hospital | Baltimore, Maryland
|The Rubin Institute, Sinai Hospital | Baltimore, Maryland
|Good Samaritan Hospital | Baltimore, Maryland
|Johns Hopkins Hospital | Baltimore, Maryland
- Johns Hopkins University | Assistant Professor
National Society Memberships
- American Medical Association
Additional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Maryland Orthopaedic Society
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Johns Hopkins Medical and Surgical Association
- MedChi: The Maryland State Medical Society
- Knee Society Insall Travelling Fellow 2006
Click here to know more about Harpal S. Khanuja M.D